2012年12月28日金曜日

Think back--2012-(1)

Oh, it's almost the end of 2012.
What do you think about this year?

Ok, even though it is little bit early, I'm going to think back of 2012!


Beginning of this year, I had a performance -played Decruck's sonata.
It was good even I didn't have enough time to prepare.
It is available here.(Jump to YouTube)

And during this year, I changed my mouthpiece -AL3 to Rousseau NC4.
In Japan, many people are using Selmer or Vandoren, so I'm sound like a stranger :P
Even though some people are using Rousseau with Baritone, they don't use Rousseau with Alto!
(Maybe some saxophonists are using Rousseau in(with?) alto, but I don't know how many Japanese players are using.)





...Yeah!!!
In February, I and my friend went to NewYork!!!

I really wanted to go there and finally I could visit!!!

It was the most exciting city I've ever visited.
Many stores, kind people, good meals...


I didn't expect to play saxophone there because I didn't bring my horn.
However,,,
can you guess when you visit foreign country without your horn and play there to use friend's horn?!?!

I visit MSM(Manhattan School of Music) to meet my friend who is studying there.
He had a lesson in this day.
And I was sitting a chair during his lesson, and his teacher said me "oh, you are saxophone student? Do you want to play?".
I said "Yeah!"(but it is joking... I thought)

...30 seconds later, I was standing in front of the teacher and my friends with friend's horn!!!!


So surprisingly I played Glazounov's concerto a little bit...
Kind of tough challenge...lol

Include this episode, I had wonderful days in New York City.
Thanks a lot, my friends- Yuka and Wonki-san!



In April, I enrolled Showa university of music!
I started to study with Mr Arimura and he is so kind and smart person, great saxophonist, and awesome teacher!
Yeah,although it was not my choice to enroll Japanese university, now, I'm going to study here.
I think I'm lucky to study with him.

And, oh I can't forget to write--- I started SAXOFOCUS!! on Blogger and started to write english article!!!

Do you enjoy to read??
Even if you say "No", I'm going to keep writing in English!;) lol

Big thanks for everybody who are reading this!!



This summer, I joined three saxophone camp- Quatour B academy, saxophone studio's camp and saxophone orchestra camp!



...oh, we were practicing,, according to my memory :P


I met new saxophone lovers in Quatour B academy and they were so nice!

Some people are keeping in tough on facebook or emailing.


Hope I can meet many people in coming up year.



After that, it is my BIG challenge! ISSAC!


ISSAC- International Saxophone Symposium and Competition- held in GA.
At Columbus state university.

I need to prepared many heavy repertories such as Klonos, that's why I dedicated my summer break for practice.

Even though I couldn't move forward to 2nd and 3rd round, it was great experience for me!

Of course it was my first experience to join international competition in overseas and it was big differences between Japan and US.
Play style- of course!
Set pieces, concert hall... and so on...

I met my nice friends and met new friends! So nice days!!!
And judges such as Otis Murphy, Julia Nolan and so on...
Oh, I also met Tim McAllister and Claude Delangle!!(Different pronunciation in US!!!)


After this competition, I was going to visit NY to meet a friend, however it never happened because of Sandy... Oh my goodness...
So I went to Chicago to just stay a night and next day I went back to Japan.
Through this trouble, I think I could be stronger ;)



The regular concert of Saxophone orchestra-- was so great!
I played some orchestra pieces -arrange for saxophone orchestra- and especially 1812 festival overture, was, so impressed!!
Some audiences told me that "I was so moved by you guys' performance especially 1812!", and teachers said "we did great job at 1812, don't you think so!?".
Of course we hold a party after the concert and went crazy...lol



Through this year's experiences, what I've learned??

Talk about it next article!



hahaha!!! I'm going to talk more about this year!!!lol See you tomorrow! BYE!

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿