2013年1月31日木曜日

What did you earn in your university?

Yesterday, I wrote long article in Japanese.日本語版これです。大体一緒。結構違う。(どっちやねん)

I'm gonna put many things about it, such as: where the idea came from and what my idea is.
(Maybe I will have free day and then I'm gonna write.)



Where the idea came from

Well, when I took a exam of psychology class, teacher gave us a writing task--- "what did you earn through your entire school life?".

I'm just a freshman, so it means what did I earn in this year.


I looked back my first time to come to this university as a freshman--- I had many queries and I thought these questions would be disappeared through new routine.
Then I thought some new activities, habits and other new things will be part of my usual stuff.
However, I guess I was not right. Some stuffs I found are still strange for me!
More queries are appeared rather than disappeared.

If anything I could earn in this year, I think it is "keep having queries".


My usual things are sometimes not usual things for others.
When I go to overseas or talk with foreigners, I'm surprised many time because there's so many differences.

In addition, it is interesting to have different point of view from others.
If I can keep having such a way of thinking, I think I can change my mind better and it's gonna be better for my music and entire life!


What my idea is.

Oh, but looks like I've already done about it ;)


Ok, so I'm gonna add my idea...


Here is interesting story.
When I was in ensemble class and playing Grieg work, teacher said us "no, please feel these pitch and intonations higher like Northern Europe people!".

He told us that its sounds different between Asia and Europe.
(When you go to Europe, maybe you can feel that difference.)

And, he wanted us to play like Europe musician and because of that, we need to feel our pitch higher.
(I don't know how I can express in English... ohhh)


Then I thought Why Europe people(especially Northern Europe?) has different sense of listening?
Because of culture? Geography(neighborhood) stuff? Or...??

To know it, I think I should have some knowledge about foreign countries, such as culture, language, history... and so on.


Meanwhile, one more question came to me --"Before this question, why we, Japanese and Asian people are studying European music?".


This is my personal story that,,, I started to learn classic music when I was three or four.(I'm not sure..)
However before I started, I was already familiar with classic music than Japanese traditional music even though I'm Japanese.

Even we are Japanese, why we are familiar with European music and how did we make nowadays circumstance of music?



In this writing task, I wrote my opinion so far(?) --To know our culture, history and identity through understanding foreign culture.

When I know different culture, at the same time I understand my country's culture.
Also, when I know different culture's habit, I recognize our habit.

When I know how European music came to Japan and how we learned the music, I would know where I am in this time stream.


I want to touch something new --it is not only material but also immaterial stuff.



Well, now I want to study many things...!!




-----

I wrote these stuff yesterday. There's so many differences between Japanese and English.
Some things are not in Japanese, and also some things are not in English...(--;) Sorry!


This is tough task to write these academic stuff in English because I need to know some new vocabulary(it is good exercise for me!) and some idioms.

If so, I want to discuss these topic with foreigners and understand different culture!

That's why I keep studying English and also, music!!:)


Bye!!

3 件のコメント:

  1. Hi!
    I think, you lost some "l"s on your writings.
    So long!

    返信削除
    返信
    1. I'm sorry for the late replying and thank you so much for your feedback! :D

      削除
  2. I mean, please put L in the top of“earn”.
    Bye.

    返信削除